Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Anniversaries!




I think everyone looks forward to anniversaries.  They mark another year.  Another year of what?  Well I guess it just depends on what you're celebrating. 

I googled anniversaries and found they originated in the Catholic church to celebrate the saints. 

Last month I celebrated another year of life!!  Im on my last year in my 20's now!  Woohoo!

This month on Father's day I will celebrate 10 years in Denver, CO.  I still remember packing up and making the move and my daddy's tears as we drove away!  I'm sure it's not a Father's Day he remembers fondly.  

Bang salon!  Ten years later I am celebrating my commitment to the Garcia Family and the craft of hairdressing.  It's a privilege to be among a team of artists and designers worldwide. I still am inspired by hair as much as I was a century ago!

MOST  importantly today I celebrate 3 years of marriage. Marriage,  so wonderful and still so mysterious.  I found myself asking, "How do people make it last forever?"  I have spent the past few weeks reflecting on our vows.  

I _____, take you ______, to be my wedded wife/his. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness.

Of course a few of these stand out in my mind.  I found myself questioning would people sign up for this if they read  for worse,  for poorer, and in sickness till death do us part?  

I'm not sure anyone would be running down the aisle.  

I do know today that I am thankful my husband is alive.  I am thankful he's my best friend.  I am thankful he's my lover.  I am thankful he's an amazing father!  I'm most thankful today that our marriage can THRIVE while experiencing worser, poorer, and sickness.  Here's to another year of commitment, challenges, new experiences and fun!  It's an honor to call you husband.  I hope this year we can help others see the beauty in their own marriages even in times of struggle.  God Bless You and your marriage.

4 comments:

  1. We rejoice in you both, and consider ourselves more than blessed to be by your side! Both on your wedding day, anniversaries, Fridays, rainy days, etc. We're not going anywhere! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to many celebrations to come, my friend! Maybe another one on the beach soon......( ; think about it. Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to you and your sweetheart in celebration of your anniversary. Franklin and I are going to be in Denver for a few days in early July to see David. If we can squeeze out some time, what's the best way to get hold of you? Would love to squeeze YOU and that little baby!

    ReplyDelete